1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sloppy movements

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Bossman 92, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9'2" power V, it's older mabey 2002. What I have been noticing is when I pull back on the joystick to pull the blade out of scoop to straight position it goes too far, or when I move any direction it seems to move more than i like. It's almost like the cylinders are old and need replaced or somthing.

I have a newer 8'2" like an 07 and I don't notice any of these things.

Since I am rebuilding this unit what should I look to replace?

Thanks Bossman

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Worn wing cylinder pivot bolts/bolt holes and a worn hinge pin are the common wear items on an older well used plow. Time to give it some probably well deserved attention.

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you. :waving: What are some other things I should look to replace?

Thanks Bossman

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look over all the pivot points and pins, paying special attention to those I mentioned plus the horizontal pin and it's pivot hole in the push frame as well as the rear pivot pins and their holes where the push frame attaches to the lift tower. Some fresh springs would hurt while it's apart too.