1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slop in angle on ultra mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by treeman06, Nov 22, 2007.

1. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

i changed the fluid in plow the other day now i have play in the angle cylinders what did i do wrong and what is the fix. thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't do anything wrong, it just has a little air left in the system from the fluid change and is totally normal..

It will usually work itself out on it's own but if you want to speed up the process:

Back the truck up a steep hill or driveway and set the blade on the ground. Raise it slightly until it's just off the ground. Now angle it back and forth a few time's. This will push any remaining air out of the angle cylinder, and with the back of the cylinder higher (where the hose port is) it will allow the air trapped in the cylinder to more easily escape and travel back to the reservoir..

Make sure to recheck the fluid level once you do get all the air out.