1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SLM Waste Funny Story

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jlouki01, Feb 13, 2010.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

So I get home at 12am the other night after being out for well over 24 hours plowing... Lay in bed finally falling asleep at 1:30.. cell phone rings.

I jump up startled grab the call ( even though I vowed not to answer any calls ).

It was SLM with an "emergency" one of the ding dongs they hired piled all the snow ( 8-10" snow fall ) up on top of the fill lids for a local travel center 1 hour away from me. They were slated to run out of fuel in two hours. Needed my help getting it sorted. Now.. I have bid on their properties for years and never been awarded anything. But here it is 1:30am in the middle of a snow storm and they need my help.

Being the sucker I am I got up started getting dressed and said to myself... "Self... you better get something in writing before you leave the house".

I had her send me the address via email when she called so I responded with..

We can help you out of this emergency situation here are the terms.

85.00 / hr travel time to and from + 85.00 / hr to sort the situation out. Pay Terms will be net 15.

Her response..

" Yes, ok we can do that... oh... no sorry we can't do net 15"

If I have an emergency situation get the damn cash register open and get that guy some money! I'm sick of financing people's crap..

Seriously how hard would it be to get me a check for a couple hundred dollars in less than 30 days?
  2. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Sooooooooo?????? Did you go back to bed?

I would have!:sleeping::sleeping:
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

emergency plows for non-regulars require payment on site at time of service.
    way too easy for them to blow you off later after their emergency is over.

plumbers require payment, electrians require payment.
    so do I.

regular people of course get billed monthly
  4. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Finish the story please.
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly how I do it. If you're not a regular customer, then you pay at the time of service... Period. People make a lot of promises when they are desperate for help. They tend to forget those promises when it comes time to pay. Payment at the time of service keeps them from "forgetting"

Like they say at the chinese laundry... "No tickey, no washey" :D

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

WTF is this To Be Continued or something?
  8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

He was waiting for a reply from them...logged on to PS and fell asleep ....Happens all the time.

Drooling on the keyboard.:sleeping:
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

10. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

what is SLM waste?
  11. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

12. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

lol I bet it was a pilot. They have all the pilots in ohio and they always look like **** AND they are on an as needed basis. have fun with that one
  13. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Amen brother!
  15. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

someone should go check on the OP he must have fell asleep and cant get up.:sleeping::sleeping:
  16. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

And the funny part izzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................? Drooling on the keyboard. :laughing: :laughing: Hate when that happens............
  17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I would have told them to stick it! I don't do anything for non-customers like that.
  18. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

seriously i cant believe he hasnt responded yet
  19. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I take care of Pilots for SLM and Pilot will not allough me to plow until 3 inches or snow, can not use salt, and must be about done snowing before you can plow, thats why there truck stops looks that bad. I took care if this one before SLM came along and it was always super clean, but Pilot does not want to pay for plowing
  20. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI