1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slip and fall

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mikes plowing, Aug 4, 2005.

1. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

Does any one have a slip and fall clause in there contracts. I'm talking abought if the cust doesn't want salting. If so what is the best way to word it.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have a clause on all my contracts even the ones i salt.
    and yes i still carry gl ins
    john

3. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

Mike,

You should have the clause in all of your contracts. It won't prevent being sued but it MAY help once you get to court.

4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I think that we are going to have contracts drawn up and signed by our clients this fall. We have never really worried about it in the past, but we picked up a large C - Store chain last fall. They have a tremendous amount of traffic in and out at all hours. I'm not so worried about any part of the contract except the "slip and fall" clause. That is the part that is the most important to me at this point.

5. JRDabs

JRDabs Junior Member

Mike....You can create a 1 paragraph form that captures the following information:
    1. The Customer Name
    2. The Date and Time they declined services
    3. The customers signature (if not available record the date and time of the declination of services)
    4. You can create something generic that states that due to the current weather conditions XYZ contractor recommended that sodium chloride be applied to all asphalt surfaces. Services were denied by (Customers name) thus (customers name is assuming liability for this point( time and date) forward.

It will not get you out of a lawsuit but it will definately help your situation.