1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slip and Fall Clause

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by FIREMAN Q, Aug 29, 2005.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

First I would like to say that this site is great. I have recieved a huge amount of knowledge and Ideas from the pros on this site.

I have been checking this site for some slip and fall clauses but i can't seem to find anything. I am hoping that I could get some ideas on what this should say. I have written a contract that I feel is decent but the more I read the more i see everyone has this part in their contracts and I would like to have it too.

I am bidding on my first condo complex and that's too many people not to worry about someone slipping at some point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

"Customer hereby indemnifies Contractor for all claims, suits, and causes of action for personal injury and/or property damage." Now take this clause and the rest of your contract and see a lawyer in the state your're doing business in. No matter what you put in the contract, if you are sued, the plaintiff will sue you and your customer together. Remember, the plaintiff never signed your contract so the plaintiff is not bound to its terms. Therefore, you need indemnification from your customer. Of course, you may have to sue your customer to enforce indemnification but that is food for another post. Make sure you have proper insurance because if you're in business long enough, you WILL be sued or at least get a claim that your insurance company deals with.