1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slim Jim Z71

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MusGuy, Jan 4, 2002.

1. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

Hey buddy wanted to tell you.... I enjoy your posts and that it is cool to have a dude that lives not too far from me either

Pray for snow... so we can get our monsters in the snow

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks...

Where are you from? Our forecast is looking pretty grim still. This is really hurting us, not having anything to do yet. Hopefully, it's just around the corner though.

3. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Slim is in the land of the $250K garages and ever growing urban sprawl. In the previous post someone was talking about having nothing bujt seasonal contracts. In our area you get laughed off the property for even mentioning it.

4. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

From Des Plaines.... but now live in Gary area.... so I do work in the NW Suburbs and Indiana

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

And where would that be? You have no location,listed.

6. SlimJim Z71

You should see some of the houses in Barrington I've seen/plowed. Honestly, there probably are some garages out there that are in that price range.

Seasonal contracts are not real popular around here. We just don't get enough snow for people to go this route.

7. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Did either of you go out today? I salted a few lots but nothing special. Signed 2 new contracts today also. Gonna get some more weather this evening but it will be to warm to ice up I think.

8. SlimJim Z71

Not me... I called around and nothing was worth going out for. I think they're only talking flurries for us here, and the temps are a little on the warm side... so looks like I'm waiting again.

9. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

We got about 1" here. Just enough to salt. the problem is I don't make enough money salting 'cause I buy bagged @4.35 / 80# from Morton.

10. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I am sorry, I see that my location had gone away. Updated immediately. No we didn't go out today. Got a little sleet and saw the civil servants out, but I only have one customer requiring salt and they were okay. Thinking about mowing the lawn tomorrow. It doesn't need it, but you either plow or mow and I ain't doin' much of the former:D

11. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

SCL

Dixon IL

Part of the NCIC Northwest Conference.... I used to teach and coach against you guys in football and tennis....

Streator Bulldogs

12. Plumberguy

Plumberguy Junior Member

I see all of us from Illinois are sitting on here reading about it snowing everywhere else but here. I am from Sterling, Il and starting to wonder if I'm gonna go out at all this year

13. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

Plumberguy!!!

One of my closest friends is the Athletic Director at Sterling High School.... He is a great guy I do not know if you know him.....
    John Van Fleet

14. SlimJim Z71

Small world we live in......

15. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

I agree with that SlimJim :D

16. YES IT IS! ;)
    THAT TOWN (DIXION, ILLINOIS) WAS JUST IN A DISCUSSION THE OTHER DAY!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2002
  17. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

LOL,
    Hey Slim Jim, I live right here in Lake in the hills, IL! LOL!

18. SEE!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL, IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL.... IT'S A SMALL, SMALL WORLD.
    *FROM THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH ;)

19. I WAS THERE YESTERDAY, IN LITH! AND WOODSTOCK AND MCHENRY.

THINKING OF MOVING TO MCHENRY...... SIGH...........

I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP, I WANNA BE A TOYS'R'US KID!

20. SlimJim Z71

Holy cow... it's been a while since I've seen this thread.

I like this area, but I don't like the weather. I think I've said this before, but we can have all four seasons in one day (those of you in this area will probably agree). There actually was a day where I woke up and used the heat in my truck, and then later that day used the A/C. Not much snow here yet this season though. But, like every year, I think January is going to be the kicker...

I miss plowing.