1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slightly used Fisher cutting edge for sale $55 OBO...

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mkwl, Nov 10, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I have a slightly used Fisher 8' cutting edge for sale $55 OBO. Still is 5" wide- just repainted! It's off the plow I bought- had to buy a new edge because this edge was too short to use shoes (I use shoes on my pavers drives). Would work GREAT on a Fisher, had plenty of life on it, just wouldn't work on mine with shoes. If interested please PM me.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

This has got to be a first. Used cutting edge for sale? LOL

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't really call it used- I'd call it slightly used- it's only got about 1/2" worn off it- still has a LOT of life left in it!

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Whats wrong with that?? Everything in this forum is USED..

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Hey, if I needed one I'd buy it!

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Why buy used cutting edges when for an extra $20 you can get new. Cutting edges are parrishable parts and cheap.

7. Quality SR

Well, first you are helping another Plowsite brother out, by giving him the money. Hey, he is making a little and you are saving a little. That edge might last some one a few years. Mine lasted me 3 seasons, and i bought the plow used!!

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where can you get a new steel cutting edge for $75 with the bolts?

Still For Sale

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

CPW sells them for $70.11. Who reuses the bolts?

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where on CPW- I found them for $98 (steel)- no less than that. But- with CPW, you're gonna get nailed with shipping- they weigh a ton!

11. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Well...If it's 5 inches....that means 1 inch has been worn off.., not a 1/2"...LOL

12. Quality SR

Matt. I would try ebay. Some one will buy it. I wish i had a plow i would buy it for a back up. Good luck with your sale. Free bump for you

13. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

$98 is for 8.5' plows. I'm looking in their catalog. Right, cost to ship them is expensive so why have a used one, just buy new.

14. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure what you're saying about the shoes not working with this particular cutting edge. Shoes have spacer rings to allow for wear.

15. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

True, but the shoes did not go low enough to have a clean scrape with the pavement (the last guy never used the shoes), the edge missed the pavement by about 5/16". I had to go with a new edge, since I use the shoes always.

The edge is 5" wide, I guess is had 1" worn off it- still has a lot of life in it!

16. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member