1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slight sign of hydraulic fluid

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Tweak, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Tweak

Tweak Junior Member

As I was cleaning up my Fisher plow today, I noticed that one fitting has ever so slightly a bit of hydraulic fluid, not even enough for a drop, but just to say the fitting is very lightly coated with fluid.

I don't think there is a leak, but what should I do about this?
    Can I remove the fitting and use teflon tape and tork it back? I'm new to hydraulics.
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Do not use teflon tape on the connections. Fisher specifically states this. Check to see if it is loose first.

Next a small weepage is not really critical. You can swap out the fitting or hose but unless is sprays out under pressure I wold not be overlly concenred about seeing a bit of weepage after it sat all summer long.
  3. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

mine does the same thing. im not concerend yet. once i start getting a actually drop i will start worring.
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Oh yeh? I took my plow in to get serviced a few weeks ago, I just looked at it today and hydro fluid is GUSHING out of the gaskent under the motor. I'm gonna call them tomorow but idk how I'm going to get the plow there if its out of fluid.
  5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

what gasket for which line?

i know this sounds crazy but did you try putting some more fluid in after you tighten the connection?
  6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

It wasnt to one of the lines. Its between the motor and the flat surface that it rests on, I beleive the fluid reservoir