1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slight problem with MD75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Aveerainc, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Connected the plow this morning to take care of the 3" we got overnight and when I turned the controller on the status light started blinking 3x but everything worked.

I checked my connections and low and behold one of the pins on the power connector (plow to vehicle (top right male pin on plow end)) looks like it's about to shear off. I assume this is what's causing the blinking red light.

I did not follow the wires to the pump unit to see if it's hard wired or if this is something I can replace without too much difficulty. Anyone know what the pin is for? Is it difficult to replace the power cable?

Thx in advance

2. Mike57

Mike57 Member

Mine has been doing that since new. If I turn the power to controller off...it is OK. Never had a problem with operation.

3. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Thanks for the reply. I took the pump cover off tonight and the cable can easily be replaced - I'll talk to the dealer in the morning to get a new cable ordered.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Seems to be a problem with these units, I have one completely broken on one customer plow and a couple other units that have suspect pins. The cost of buying cheap plows can be upgrading the components that fail regularly. Hopefully snowdogg will warranty the harnesses and not just send some cut and splice repair plugs.