1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slick stick vs. old toggle setup

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m2low, Aug 3, 2009.

1. m2low

m2low Member

I know its probably been done, but I cannot find it - yah itzs summer too but getting ready for winter... I drive left handed and control the plow with my right, finally got my bucket seat and a place to mount the controls for comfort on my right - its an old style suburban - meyer plow setup, and I was wondering pros and cons to running the old 2 toggle switch setup (keep the float down while turning the blade) and the newer style (for this setup anyhow) slick stick - is it true you cannot keep the float down while turning the blade? what are the pros and cons... just doing driveways and and curbside in my neighborhood...
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only real con to the Slik Stik is just as you suspect, you can't angle the plow with the switch in the float position. No real pro's to them as far as I'm concerned.

Which is the reason I still prefer the dual toggles. :nod:
  3. m2low

m2low Member

cool so it sounds like I should stick with the toggles and just save the money - get a new wiring harness cause mine has some intermitant breaks in the connections?!!!
  4. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

plus the upkeep is cheaper