1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slick stick vs dual controls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowlikehell, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

I was wondering the pros and cons of going from the dual controls to a slick stick. I like the idea of only having one switch vs two for versatility of mounting, but is it jsut as easy to use?

I currently have a dual switch.

Thanks in advance for your idea's and comments.
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I've got the slick stik, never used the dual controls, but I would think learning the stick is easier than learning the dual. It took me about 5 minutes to master the slick stik.
  3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

My first plow truck had the dual controls, now I use a Western small elec. joystick. Both work great, I don't see many advantages to the slickstick over the bump controls.
  4. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

i changed my twin stick over to the single stick.meyers i like it alot oasionally it needs the the contacts adjusted and cleaned,and it won't float and angle at the same time, but i'll never go back to the twinn. good luck.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have had a twin and slick is much easier to use
  6. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Thanks for all the great input!

You guys rock! :drinkup: :drinkup: