1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slick stick repair

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frozen1, Nov 16, 2004.

1. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

Anyone know how to fix the old stlye Meyers SlickStick Controller..Ihave to jiggle the base to get the blade to drop.......... :angry:

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Well you could "try" and take it apart and clean the contacts.
    But your more then likely going to be ordering a new one as they are not a servicable item.
    :rolleyes: John....................

3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

They do ware out. I have replaced 2 of them in the last 12 years.
    Try taking it out and laying it on a hard surface and with a mighty blow hit it with a 4 lb hammer. if that don't fix it then you will have to replace it with a new $40 unit.

4. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

I tried cleaning the contacts, no luck.. I thought about the hammer thing, trust me..but then I priced one here and it is $140 cdn, thats why I thought I would try to fix it.. I thought I might try to enlarge the prongs on the bottom of the male end to enlarge them for a tighter fit in the slots..?

cheers...

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member