1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slick Stick Joystick Broken?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Fordistough, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I have a Meyer E-47 with a Slick Stick Joystick, and recently I have been having a problem. When I go to angle it to the right, the plow starts to go to the right, then I push the stick to the right, and it keeps going to the right. Or visa-versa. Then I have to push the switch back and forth to get it to angle the correct way. Now it just stopped and got stuck in the left position and when I push the stick to the right, it tries to push it left even more. Is this a Joystick problem? Or are the valves sticking? Thank you. Maybe they should call it the Meyer Slick Stick Stuck

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

IIRC the default position for the E47 is left, take a look at the connection and coil on the C valve.

3. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Sounds like it might be a loose connection from the ground or the solenoid. Check your coils to assure magnetism. If the conections are good and you have magnetism I would bet on a bad C valve.