1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slick Stick Controller not working...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mems, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Bought a used slick stick controller and got around to installing it yesterday. I installed the unit and found that I wasn't getting any power from the accessory wire under the dash to the solenoid per the wiring diagram on the Meyer Website. Took the rubber harness off the controller and wired a jumper from the center pin on the slick stick to the center hole in the wiring harness rubber boot, as they would be if they were completely connected together but also gave me access to the other pins.

According to the diagram, it should be transferring power inside of the slick stick and returning it out to the pin just above where it says Meyer on the back of the slick stick which also sends power to the solenoid. I used my multimeter to find that i was in fact getting power coming out of the center pin hole in the harness, ie the accessory power source but when i checked the pin that sends power out to the solenoid i showed no power. I also checked all other pins to ensure that there wasnt a short or cross wire inside the stick with negative results.

It sounds as if the stick is bad and i need a new one. Anyway to take apart the current stick i have and try to fix it or am I doing something wrong? Looks like there isnt much to take it apart but I'm looking for the guidance of someone who has and knows if I'll get a face full of springs and parts that I wont ever be able to get back in the unit. I understand a new one is 50 bucks or so but with what i paid for the harness and stick with components, I could have recieved a new setup after it was all said and done if i have to buy another one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

E-mail sent Chris