1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slick stick controler, and wiring

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by timetraveler, Feb 9, 2013.

1. timetraveler

timetraveler Junior Member
    from 45133

guys, im looking for a slick sticker controler and slick stick wiring classic e47 plow. I know i can buy a new on for close to 200.00 but i would rather purchase a used harness, and switch.

contact me 513 800 3957 or stevehllsbr@yahoo.com

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:www.angelos-supplies.com new oem harness 58.50 new oem slik stik 47.50 oem bracket 2.50 and shipping maybe 12 bucks dont waste your money on a used worn out control... if you dont want to order let me no i just ordered over 200.00 in seals last week not sure when i will be ordering again.. hows pump and spreader working for ya ..

3. timetraveler

from 45133

spreader is giving me some problems, when i go to operate it, it seems to need a jump start out back, meaning i have to jump out and give it a push. i posted a thread on here about it and don't think i got a reply not sure if i did, if i did i didnt see it. and far as the pump goes. its doing pretty good. I am almost positive that i have some sort of leak on the top seal. i keep finding fluid down in the grooves of the seal. its been wet lately and really havent been able to chase it down to exactly what it is but best i can tell it seems to have a leak around the main cylinder. nothing tremendous but none the less present. I THINK. ive done a ton of re wiring as you know i needed. the wiring was a mess when i got the truck. i couldnt remember that link you just provided im going to check out those before buying a used one.

4. timetraveler

from 45133

hey where can i get a bracket for the slick stik to mount it to the shifter, the bracket you showed that isnt for a shifter is it. member im wanting to install this on my manual trans shifter for ease of use.

5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I just bought this set up from Angelo's and it was 21 for shipping.

6. timetraveler

from 45133

Wiring, switch

Oh yea, was you pretty pleased with the product. And I see your from up state New York, you wouldnt need any sort of help up that way would ya. It's pretty darn slow here in ohio and could use some work.

Think a fellow could come up that way and make anything or is it pretty covered with private plowers

7. timetraveler

from 45133

well hope its a good system, just ordered it. 120.00 out the door, WITH MORE. just like Pep Boys

8. timetraveler

from 45133

hey racer, what was the options you and I spoke about as far as an upgrade pump model on my set up. Im not remembering what you said I would have to do to install the pump motor that actually sits sidways verse's up and down. Im finding with these commercial accounts I have I could use a little more angle power and I am getting a set of the wing attachments for this set up and don't wont it to be under powered for what I do. What's your thoughts on this.

9. timetraveler

from 45133

and I went ahead and made that purchase you sent me a link to, you wouldnt have the second part of the bracket to attach this to the shifter. Im not sure when it will be here but when it arrives id like to install it. I didnt see the other part of bracket I would need to mount it to my manual trans shifter. you have one, or know where to look. I checked angilos with no luck

10. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

timetraveler.... what pump do you have on now?? An E-47?? If so, you can easily convert to a E-57 pump and motor and have much more speed/power to work the plow.

11. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic:got 1 you can have. you still need the outher brackett to make it work ussmileyflag

12. timetraveler

from 45133

bracket

I'm assuming your talking about the bracket that the actual switch goes into, if so i bought that bracket. that bracket and the switch and the wiring harness should all be here well hopefully today or tomorrow. not sure how long there shipping takes. but i purchased it saturday night 120.00 out the door. for all three items.

hey what causes the motor on the spreader to not work unless you push the metal wheel a little bit. i'll turn it on and it wont turn till i get out and give the wheel a shove then it works ok until i turn it off again, and then it does the same thing.

13. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

does it do it when its empty also

14. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Very happy with it and about an hour to install it. I just installed mine in the dash just to left of the radio. My old touch pad was there. Around here everyone has a plow truck or a snowblower, just a way of life. With the lake effect there is no way anyone could afford a per push plow. Some weeks in the past I had to plow 2 to 3 times a day 5 or 6 days a week for a few weeks in row.