1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Slick Stick Connector

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Pro X, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Pro X

Pro X Junior Member

Looking for the molded connector for Slick Stick 22092. Local distributor shows it only coming on complete harness. We had someone clip 3 off of our trucks and I'm trying to keep replacement cost down, as 3 harnesses do not add up to my deductible so I have to pay out of pocket.

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

3. Pro X

Pro X Junior Member

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for someone who switched to touchpad and cut off Slick Stick connector instead of buying harness for touchpad. Local dist suggested this was common retrofit.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can fix the old harness' yourself with a handful of female spade connectors and the info provided here in about 15 minutes.

5. Pro X

Pro X Junior Member

Thats how I've got 2 of them running currently but I'm afraid with very much use the spades will end up damaged on the new switches due to sideloading where they are staked to new switch body.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've run every Slik Stik I've ever owned with spades as I make my own harness's from scratch. They're even more reliable than the big bulky rubber plug... because unlike those, they stay on. :salute:

7. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

B&B is right.

Use the spade connectors and wire it up. Had (2) brand new harnesses with the rubber boots fail. Thought it was the switch, nope, something wrong in the plug. Hand-full of crimp connectors, little bit of electrical tape and no problems whatsoever.