1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slick steel plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bldrs83, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Has anyone come up with something they apply to steel plows to keep the snow from sticking as much?

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

There is many types of plow wax that i am sure will work great. you can pick this up at any of your snow plow supply stores. Also I hear that some people spray "Pam" (used for cooking) on to the plow before a snow. Kind of turns it in to a non stick frying pan.

Make sure there are no rust, or rough spots on the plow. If so sand down.

Just what I have to say.

Welcome to plow site, if you have any more questions just ask. I am new too and people here know everything. good luck this year.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  3. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Grassbuster...

That is a great idea however I can't get my wife Pam to stay on the front of the plow for very long. She says it gets too cold. I use her for cooking though... :) :)

4. Vaughn Schultz

You best be praying :angel: that your wife dose not go on the computer. :nod:

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Hey RidgeCon , how does that work out for ya ? how does the (pam) keep the snow from sticking ? Just wondering if i should try this out with mine or or not . thanks.. :cool:

6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Sprary silicone in a can works good too and lasts longer than PAM (cheaper too) because it is not easlly removed or dissovled by snow.

7. Vaughn Schultz

where can you buy this silicone spray. how long dose it last? how much is it?

8. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 Member

Armor All

I always just spray lots of armor-all protectant on my plow before the snow and it works great. I also use it on the skid-steer bucket to keep the snow from sticking in it. I have even used it on the shovels in some of those sticky snows. Works great and you can get it almost everywhere.

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

last season i tried a part from mill supply its a poly linner matching the color and making it look new again part #153-9628 (yellow) #153-9630 (red) worked too good no stick at all. the only prob is you got to drill some mounting holes other than that worked great. :waving:

dark broncoII.jpg