1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

slick sidewalk machine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maclawnco, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

I happened to see one of our sidewalk guys out last night running this thing and has to share this. I was pretty impressed. It's a z spray z plug with the aerator taken off and replaced with their optional snow blade. www.z-spray.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPakDqsIgHo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

Im confused… its one of "your" side walk guys and you didn't know he had that piece of equipment?

3. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Have never watched it run/work before.

4. TPCLandscaping

that is slick.. plus he can use the broadcaster for salt?

5. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Yes. The factory is supposed to make bag holders to go behind the rear wheels but hasn't sent them yet

6. TPCLandscaping

the only thing id see is in heavier snow, the front casters would not track well..if the plow was out ahead of the wheels it may be better..but looks like its perfect for light snow, and you don't have a piece of equipment sitting all winter idle.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Made sense to me.

Unless you're one of those guys that makes their employees buy their own equipment. lol

Very slick.

8. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Do it with yours... or are all the speeding tickets in your gator bankrupting you. Lol

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Looks good. One thing I noticed is that it seems like the blade needs to be a little wider. Leaves quite the mess along sidewalk/curb. How do you clean that mess up, lots already plowed, sidewalk is cleared,what do you do with that snow? Wheelbarrow! :)

10. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

how do the hydraulics like the weather. I would assume a heavier oil? Perhaps they are fine. I know I wouldn't want any of my lawn equipment out in the cold/salt. maybe its time for us to rethink.

11. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Its look to be getting the job done well by the way, although a slightly wider would help as mentioned. Slick as you say is right!

12. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I would have never thought of that. And I agree the blade looks like it needs to be a little wider than it is.

13. Mark Oomkes

At least I didn't get arrested. :p

Gator is a backup. I couldn't afford to run it first out anymore. Not one of Deere's better ideas, at least for snow.

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Was this just a trial thing? Because you must have a more efficient piece to do that walk...not to mention messing up that machine with salt. I mean, it looked like it worked, I just don't get why.

15. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

No, not a trial thing. Don't understand the concern for salt etc. All metal that's not stainless is covered in bed liner. It's our backup aerator spring and fall so figured and extra season worth of work for it would be great.

16. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Yuck it up. I am curious though, did you find a way to get your bobcat to float yet?

17. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Hydros don't like the cold but haven't been an issue yet. It really doesn't see much salt. It goes inside one of our enclosed trailers when being transported.

18. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Damn salt gets into everything, but my main concern was the engine area and controls. If you're not worried I'm not worried.

19. Mark Oomkes

Fertilizer is a salt.