1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skidsteers and angle blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brad3403, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Are they worth it or is a snow bucket the way to go. I saw a guy clearing a lot with a blade the other day and was shocked at how fast he appeared to do it. I was all set to buy another snow bucket but now am reconsidering.
  2. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

buy a kage its a plow and a pusher all in one
  3. fruitcakesa

fruitcakesa Member
    from Vermont

Well i bit the bullet and put a QA 8f oot PA Fisher plow on my Kubota L4630 tractor loader So I will update performance when it snows here.:laughing:
    Even with member help I still am ignorant and can't seem upload the pic in this thread: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=109985
  4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

If you already have a snow bucket, get a blade. You'll have the best of both worlds. You'll be surprised on how high you can stack snow with a blade.
  5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

If your clearing lots go with the BLADE. A snow wolf or Kage is the best way to go. You can get either with a pusher attachment that you can take on and off from in the cab, or to save money at least get a straight blade with wings.
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I vote blade too over another bucket.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I vote blade also....we rarely use the buckets, but they are nice when you need em.

We have ran blades in the past but I have found pushers to be much more productive "for most of the work we do" with SS's.....Blades do have their place though. And the Kage system is pretty sweet.

With that said, what kind of work will the SS's be doing? And are they being trailered or dedicated to sites?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Go with a box, used a blade and with wet snow on a wide lot would push the SS sideways
  9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Its rather simple , get both and have the best of both worlds

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

We run 11-12ft angle blades on our s300's we feel they are very productive but they are usually working with something much larger to take the windrows away they basically feed the loaders with boxes. If it is alone working a box might be better.
  11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Brad, if you want to see a cage system, i know someone down here that has one. We use snow buckets on our skidsteers, mainly because on all our bigger lots the skidsteer is there to support our loader. however after seeing a cage system being used i am seeing the advantages.
  12. adan

adan Member

a 12'?? . Im guessing you have to remove the blade everytime you load the machine for transport?

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Our skids are not transported. They spend all winter at very large sites, we do however drive our loaders around with box plows on them 14ft-20ft never had an issue in all the years in the business. Everyone does it around here.
  14. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

Buy the 7 way bulldozer blade, I prefer it over the "V" snow blade, plus you can use the 7 way in the summer.
  15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Rich, I don't think I would want to hit a curb or anything with that 7way blade. Guess I just don't want to brake my face on the front glass lol.
  16. MDSP

MDSP Member

We run 3 skid all with 10' or 12' straight blades. We back drag garages and run HOA's roadways. Works best for us. We've tried the bucket, box and push/pull.