1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SkidSteer - Tractors Single Stage Blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by G.Landscape, Jan 16, 2012.

1. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

So ran across these, just wondering if anyone has ever used them or seen them in action. So far all I have is the video to go off of and they look alot faster then a two stage. My thoughts are they would bog down in heavy snow similar to a walk behind but maybe not??

http://youtu.be/91ehUOKi3c8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

is that a trip edge i spy? just checked out their site, pretty interesting, im sure the more venerable blower users on here can have more to comment

3. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Yes it is....its actually a combination trip edge/backdrag blade....

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I have some inverted blowers for sale if your interested

5. G.Landscape

from Ontario

not right now I am not, just looking into things right now....trying to find best options and ideal set-ups

6. Triple L

from Canada

Best options and ideal setups to do what is the question...

7. G.Landscape

from Ontario

that's for me to know and you to find out..... right now the question is just opinions/experience with snow thowers....

8. Triple L

from Canada

Haha I love how a snowthrower is a great big secret and your gonna start something new... Do you plan on blowing back snowbanks with a single stage?

9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

interesting.... would love to see a video of their inverted blower in action. Curious how strong and sturdy the structure is. You have a few top brands that are well built, then some second tier units like Erskine that work but don't hold up. This is one that I'd love to see more info on.

10. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Yea I giant secret I just put on an open international forum....haha, I have never been good at secrets.

Their inverted blower is brand new this year, that's why they don't have videos of it.

11. Triple L

from Canada

"That's why its for me to know and you to find out" and that's not implyin a secret HAHAHAHAHA OK! Its not new this year... They had it sittin outside in march of 2011 already....

12. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Just going off what he told me.... they have had the other ones for a while. They looked pretty rugged, but I also don;t have much to compare too.

One thing I thought was nice about these is you can get alot closer to door or walls at the back because there isn't the bulk of a second stage hanging off there.

13. Triple L

from Canada

I'd agree but a backdrag edge fixes all that

14. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

X2 and I want to see how that trip edge works on video too.

15. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Don't like the inverted blowers? That would seem to be bucking the seemingly popular trend out east :whistling:

16. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Watch the end of this vid... where they are in some deeper snow and blowing it straight up:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ehUOKi3c8

Notice how it is barely coming out and has no force behind it.

Then watch this vid of a 2 stage blower:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfd11Q-Hr4&list=FLAJInRgrHBJcmXJOE9VJD9A&index=13&feature=plpp_video

Notice the difference in how fast the snow comes out of the chute and how far you can throw it? That's because a 2 stage will always have more snow eating capacity then a single stage.

17. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yes, this seems like an interesting idea, but I think thats about as far as it would go. I have considered buying a small single stage for light work on sidewalks, but I don't think I would ever pull the trigger on something I would put on a tractor or skid steer.

How much do you really gain by doing this anyway? Very little change to the moving parts of a machine, and by the time you beef up the auger to do the job, the cost savings is gone of not having a fan.

18. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Agreed! :nod: