1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skidsteer tire marks.....a problem?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steveair, May 8, 2000.

1. steveair

steveair Senior Member

hello,<p>From the other discussion, I was thinking about good machines for sidewalks. I thought about skidsteers, but then remembered a experience I had.<p>We rented a case 85xt with a sweepster this spring, and on concrete, it left a load of tire tracks. Now, I'm not saying some could of been prevented (my skid steer days are few between) but no matter what, it seems like you leave a few. After I left the marks, the my supervisor was concerned about the 'look' of them on are concrete surfaces. I told him they would go away, which they did, but it took almost a good month.<p>I was wondering if any of you who use skidsteers have had a problem with people complaining. Even though they disappear over time, its deffinitely enough to ruffle some super's feathers for a while.<p>steveair

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

With the snow on the ground it isn't an issue. The snow gets in between the tires enough to prevent laying strips.<p>Geoff