1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skidsteer pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by diggerman, Oct 2, 2000.

1. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I am thinking about making a pusher for my Case 90xt.I am going to use a molboard off a old highway blade.I am trying to make up my mind weather to make it quick tach to the actual coupler or mount to the bucket like the larger ones, any input.Also any ideas on the maxiumum width for a 9000lb 74hp machine,in an average snow depth of 5 inches.

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

well, the only advantage over user the quick coupler is that you have direct control of the pusher, while using the bucket/pusher, it's strapped to the bucket. i think if you make a quick coupler, get one off a scrap bucket because it might be hard to make. then again i'm not familiar w/ the case quick coupler. the bobcat at the bbq had a hydraulic quick coupler, so you could change from a pusher to a bucket w/o ever having to leave the cab. the photos from the bbq will be back tomorrow. good luck! i think a lot more people will be building pushers(hopefully me and my friend also).

Bryan

3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I have a hydralic coupler on this machine(which is a must never own another skid without four things,hyd bucket quick tach,ride control,two speed ,air conditioning) and for not much bobcat has a weld on coupler/mount that I used when I built the blade I use.The three larger pusher I have,control has not been a problem,proper ground contact can be tricky though and that is why I am a little leary of a direct coupler,the bucket mount allows the blade to float a little.

4. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

We use pushers (Pro-tech) with our skid steers, I found that they work best when your loader arms are as close to the ground and to the loader frame. seems that the guys have a problem with keeping them up enough so that your front wheels are on the ground.

5. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Paul do yours mount on the bucket or couple directly to your machine?

6. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

We use the standard quicl tach

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We make our for our Bobcats, and we make the bobtach arrangement on the pusher so it attach's directly. Never tried with the bucket attached (on skid steers). I was always concerned about the weight hanging that far off the front and what stress there might be on the arms. Never had a problem this way.

As long as the skid steer doesn't break traction, you can move a heck of a pile of snow in front of that pusher.