1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skidsteer plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bamaa, Nov 27, 2008.

1. bamaa

bamaa Junior Member
    from NH

Skidsteer plowing need your help.............I just perched a cat 216 with snowolf 8" plow, has chains.i have never plowed with it and have been asked to lease / sub it out. What is a fair price for the both of us, with a driver. We have not talked price, he is looking at using for a mall with multi islands.I am sure that it can do alot of snow removal with a bucket and plow. I just have no number / production rate, fuel, etc thanks for any help.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

An 8" plow won't get much done :jester: I know you meant 8' and as far as numbers are concerned...I've rented out my skid for $150/day without an operator. This was in the middle of the summer and it was going to be used for spreading black soil so I didn't think it would be abused too much.

You'll probably have to get around $85-100 per hour to make that whole thing worth your while.
  3. sherwin

sherwin Member

We do some subwork with ours- a 257B2 w/ 8' plow and wings and we charge $125hr. on open drives it is not worth it, but for the time we can save opening stalls, and tight quarters it is easily half the time someone would spend with a truck, so it is a deal in the end. For an experienced operator no less than $100 hr. would be fair.
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i wouldnt lease or rent it out without an operator. When you jsut hand someone the keys to your machine, they are just gonna let the most inexperianced guy operate it. Even if you state that you will train the operators.. i could bet money if you pull up in the middle of a storm , someone else hasnt

and i know that i personally beat the heck out of any rental equiptment.
  5. Big Ray

Big Ray Junior Member

we get 125 for our skidsteer
  6. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I am sure each state is different, I pay 150 a day to rent a skid every time it snows, one of my own employees will run it, I also pay a sub of mine 100 an hour for him to run his skid at a shopping center with his own pusher (8'ft)..
  7. bamaa

bamaa Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks Guys for all your feed back. I'll try for $125 hr with operator.
  8. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I have a older skidsteer but I still get 75 an hour here with an operator. When I upgrade I'm planning on retiring the skid to a dedicated site (apartment complex) where one of my guys lives. He will handle that lot then and sidewalks. As far as what I think I would charge if an operator went with a newer, faster skid, I think $100.00 an hour is more then fair (for this area).
  9. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

i run my 753 bobcat. at 75-95 per hour depending on what kind of work its doing. they rent at the local dealer for 120-250 day the larger track loaders at 250+
  10. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Dirtwork - $75 per hour w/operator

Snow Removal - $140 per hour w/operator

Like everyone has said ....don't hand the keys to them.