1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skidsteer plow & decorative pavers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MNBobcat, Dec 8, 2009.

1. MNBobcat

MNBobcat Junior Member

HI All,

I have a Bobcat 763 highflow and an erskine snow blower. My driveway is blacktop, 8 foot wide and 1200 feet long. I also have a small parking area and I have a driveway by the house that is decorative pavers and not blacktop.

Last year I used a walk behind snowblower on the pavers because i was a afraid of damaging them with the Bobcat. For the rest, I used the dirt bucket. I tried the erskine blower a few times but I didn't like how the snow exiting the chute made it hard to see the edge of the blower . It just didn't have good visibility.

For this year, I'm thinking I should buy a plow blade. I want something that isn't going to damage the blacktop and if possible would also work on the pavers without damaging them.

What would you guys recommend for a brand/model of plow? Do you prefer the plows with the chain lifts and why?

Thanks so much for the help!

2. Kenkreger

Kenkreger Member

Just get a plastic edge for your blower.
    A plow with rubber or plastic edges works great on pavers too.
    Ken