1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skidsteer Fenders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Antlerart06, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My first year running a skidsteer for lots.

Has anybody mount extra fenders on there skid to help keep the side windows clean from the slush???

Or am I over thinking on this???

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I've never had a prob without them....infact I dont think I've ever seen fenders on a skid. I got a 2 speed & have been in wet/slushy conditions. So I think your worrying over nothing.

3. Antlerart06

My gehl has fenders but wheels still stick out little Mine is a 2 speed and one raining day was driving down gravel road and side windrows was so dirty from it . But I have tracks on right now they made a mess on windows in 2nd gear.

You see the fender that my skid has. I'm thinking about building set looks like factory but wider

3c6d7388-f000-4536-bfab-b972d04eae9b.jpg

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

There was a guy on here last year that cut up some window wells and used them for fenders. Hope that helps

5. Antlerart06

I thought about that

Was looking at plastic trailer fenders Tomorrow I need put the tap on the skid see what will work.

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

How about fabricating a tube frame, attach conveyor belt to it like fender flares and add some mounting tabs to the skid?
    This would allow them to be taken off when not needed

7. Antlerart06

Thumbs Up Good idea Do have 16'' belt from a baler

8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Ya I'd want them removable, cause if left on I'd imagine they get torn off at some point. Hmmm tracks make more spray... interesting I've never ran tracks so I would have never guessed, Really I'd think less spray from tracks, learn something new every day.

9. Antlerart06

Well only throwing up only in 2nd I'm running Camoplast OTT tracks.

Pushing snow I'll have the tires on they may not throw stuff on the windows but it might keep the road salt from getting on the top side of the skid. Extra wide fender will keep crap on the bottom side of skid. Since my skid will be driven on side streets to do 5 Dr.office lots then back to a complex and few driveways in between .

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=148483 There is what my skid looks like with tracks

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  10. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Here yeah go.

file003609.jpg

file003608.jpg

11. Antlerart06

Are they homemade or did you buy then if so what brand

12. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

They are plastic window wells modified. They are a huge help in keeping my machine clean!

13. durallymax

durallymax Senior Member

I was looking through my Minimizer catalog and noticed some of their fenders would work. I thought about putting them on our barn skid steer to keep it cleaner. They aren't too pricey and have a lifetime warranty.

You could also add some tubes to extend out the factory fenders and then find a used CTL track and mount it to the tubes. It would be a good use for an old track at least.

14. Antlerart06

Yes I google it few days ago and came up with Minimizer

If it was a old barn skid sure CTL track would work or I could cut sidewalls out of a bald grader tire and take the rest make a fender It work already look it but it look to redneck

15. Antlerart06

They look like that but thought ask first ? Think that's what I will do looks simple.

16. Antlerart06

Started mine tonite Found window wells at home depot. Did a lay out and tomorrow go get some steel for brackets.

I think I'm going make mine one complete fender each side instead of 2 fenders on each side

I'll take step by step pics

17. Ernst Design

Ernst Design Junior Member

Direct replacement, custom size and colors available.

Direct bolt on replacement fenders, will keep your machine 70% cleaner.

Made from corrosion resistant galvanized material and 2.3 mill thick powder coated to match skid steer colors, fenders also feature crush proof front and backs.
    Cost for kit is less than the cost of one OEM fender and includes everything needed to install.

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Ernst Design

Ernst Design Junior Member

Fenders in use.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Antlerart06

Looks nice Mine work out well last winter I had a lot of people thought I bought them from Gehl or some where . Mine only cost total $125.00 plus my time to install
    4 bolts for each side and they are on or off.
    They sure help keeping the skid clean in the slush

1127131151a.jpg

20. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I have the same 5240 that I would like to put fenders on, could you post some closer pics of how you mounted them.
    Thanks