1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skidsteer chains?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TonyG, Feb 11, 2010.

1. TonyG

TonyG Junior Member

I know of Peweg as a chain manufacturer, are their any other "name brands" out there that you can share?
    Has anyone tried chains over 33X15.50-16.50? Or is that simply to fat a tire to bother with?
  2. TonyG

TonyG Junior Member

Ok, just ordered a set

from Pewag, $364 plus shipping for a total of $460...WOW!
    I hope these are as good as advertised?
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I see chains on a skid steer doing damage to pavement. Chains aren't meant to slide sideways either.
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I had a set of 2 link chains I bought on tirechain.com I acutally never used them. I put them on turned my machine around. They left huge scratch marks in the blacktop.
  5. TonyG

TonyG Junior Member

There going...

rear of an A300.
  6. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I have an s300 and use a "D" link single spaced. they came from D&M wire rope in Montrose Colorado, I think they were made by "quality" all 4 chains were $900 or something like that. I have over 500 miles on them and there is still some life left.. and they dont bounce you like double spaced changes do.. when you turn on pavement turn slow!!! I have found that the chains last longer and dont break.. I chain all 4 as i plow a steep grade..