1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skidsteer bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by djd427, Dec 6, 2005.

1. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I have a question. Did anyone ever install a rubber or urethane edge on a skidsteer bucket? Is it possible?

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

why would you want to?..steel doesnt scrape the blacktop too much...i imagine its very possible though, you would just have to drill new holes in the plastic and drive with the bucket slighty angled forward.

3. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I know its a stupid question but have a stamped concrete drive to do and they want the snow relocated.
    I should have just said no, but being that I stamped all 60 yards of driveway and walkways this summer I am pretty much stuck for this year to do it.

4. dirt digger

its not a stupid question..didnt realize you were using it on decorative concrete. We have a heavy duty 6 way dozer blade for our Takeuchi, somehow we found a 1 1/2" thick rubber cutting edge for it. The Takeuchi sucked at pushing, but never left a scratch on the driveway. I'm sure you could fab something up to make it work out of ya...just don't set the bucket level and go, or the bolts underneath might scape on the driveway pretty bad.

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Might try a open face broom on it. I use one and it cleans down to the cememt.

Bobcat_broom-web.jpg

6. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

I have uerthane cutting edge on all of our equipment! We use 1" by 8" and it works great.

7. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Kirby, how did you mount it? Did you put steel under it or just mounted it to the bottom no steel? Also, how much did you leave in front of the bucket?
    Thanks for your help as this is what I think I will do.
    Dwan, I did hear they work great but there is a large area where he wants all the snow moved.

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

9. dirt digger

10. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

lol,, that is funny,,,

11. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Dave
    I used a piece of 2.5" steel underneath, then I drilled out holes and welded in threaded rod. 3.5 of the 8 inches sticks out in front of the bucket.
    MIke

12. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

be very very careful with chains.
    Like don't run them. really hard not ot scratch stamped stained concrete with a steer.
    You are a LOT more likely to chew up the concrete with teh chains then the bucket.

13. EXCESSIVE FORCE

EXCESSIVE FORCE Junior Member