1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SKIDSTEER BLOWERS Perpendicular or parallel fan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rich414, Dec 13, 2011.

1. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I was at the CAT dealer yesterday and saw they had a skidsteer blower that has the second stage or fan perpendicular to the auger. There is also a photo of it on thread http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=127579 if anyone has experience with both, lets here which is best and why!

2. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I have an FFC 5' blower with a perpendicular fan.... I like a lot. It seems to throw the heavy wet snow much better that our 6' inland blower with a horizontal fan does. In the normal, dry snow they both work well. I have used the FFC in 40 degree temps to blow piles back before they could freeze solid.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

In heavy wet snow the perpendicular fan seems to "pull" the snow in to itself ..... the horizontal fan gets clogged quicker.

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

They do blow snow a little better, but stick out farther. Which one is more important?

5. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

Blow more volume in a shorter period of time. I use the blower (bobcat sbx240 hiflo) to widen our subdivision road about 2 times a year, it takes 15 plus hrs and 3 tanks of fuel. the snow us 3 feet high and full blower width. We dont have the funds to buy a larger piece of equipment ($100,000), but we could buy a new blower.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011