1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skids, Ventrac & Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Schuley, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Here's our fleet..... Just had them all lined up today waiting for some darn snow so I thought I'd snap a few pictures! There is another truck and snow blowers and shovels and an older deer sidewalk machine, but nothing you'd want to see.

Equipment.jpg

new truck.jpg

ventrac broom.jpg

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Looks great. Some very efficient equip.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking equipment, the Ventrac is really cool. Now if it would only snow!

4. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Nice machines and especially nice ventrac. Let us know how it holds up. Also, I love how you're skidsteers progress in both size and age. That means you must be doing something right lol.

5. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

No kidding! Just saw the weather and they're saying rain on Tuesday and Thursday.... wtf!?

6. syzer

syzer Member

Could you pm me what that ventrac set you back and what options you have? I am looking at the same machine.

7. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice fleet. Why no plow on the Dodge?

8. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I have no need for a plow on the truck....yet. Someday I will. Right now all my accounts are within a 1.5 mile wide circle. We just drive the skids from site to site, and not too much didtance between them with over 70 in that area. I got the truck with all the plow prep stuff, andicipating someday when I expand out further that i'll put one on it.

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

nice line up, quick question though, whats up with the mounting on the 175 w/ blower??

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

real nice looking stuff! good luck this yr

11. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Nice fleet. I really like the new Hollands

Is the ventrac just a sidewalk machine? It looks like it could be handy, but I never really understood what they would be used for besides sweeping.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Really nice equipment.

13. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

it must be pretty nice to have that many accounts in such a small area...less time driving around and more time making money

14. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

haha, for as many people have seen it in person and in pictures, you are the only one to ask that question.
    We don't have the float feature on the skid, and we were having problems with the blower "digging in" on some sensitive areas and we also have some unevenly paved accounts where its nicer to have it "float" instead of just rigid with the machine. My dad actually built it, its a little crude but it gets the job done. Its another mount plate that pivots on the original mount plate, and there are a couple plow trip springs attached to give some play, or cushion, while traveling with it up in the air. There is a rod bolted to the end of the spring that will travel through a hole in a piece of plate steel as the terrain changes. When you pick it up off the ground a nut and washer on the end of the rod that act as a stopper. Maybe I sould just take a picture and post it....

15. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Right now its just for snow, but if you visit their website you will see that they have a ton of attachemnts for them. I want to eventually buy a mower deck, or brush cutter for it.

16. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

really good engineering, always fun to fix problems yourself! reason i asked is b/c i run an erskine 2410x hi flow on my rc100 which is basically the same line of blowers as yours. float is definitely a must!

17. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I agree! Our plows, as you can see in the picture, we make fit the skids from old truck plows. We make those with a chain and pivot point so they float too. We have 4 or 5 like this. $250 plow and $100 worth of metal, pins and hoses and we're good to go!