1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skids of Salt cheap in Chicago. FYI

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Raymond S., Oct 9, 2010.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

thanks, i have to make a trip to chi-town this week. might check it out.

3. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

make sure your getting #2 Rock slat and not water softner salt also make sure you got 50 bags a pallet and that they are not all ripped the guy sells rejected pallets from morton salt.

4. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

the skids are all water softener and all have holes in them.

5. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

so this is not a good deal then? why only rock salt #2 and not one. I called and he said that they're us #1 rock salt.

6. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

7. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

That's now three ads I've seen for this stuff. First one was "20 pallets left", now 10...then "more"?

Cash...no tax...no receipt? We move a good amount of product, and nobody here sells 1st quality product for $2/bag. Not even picked up from the mine, many miles away.

Buyer beware.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

ever time morton ripes a bag or the pallet gets broken they sell the discounst for like 60 or 75$ and this guy cuts there grass

9. Westhardt Corp.

I knew Home Depot did that with ripped bags, but haven't heard of this. It would make sense, though. Odd they would scrap the entire pallet, and not just set it aside and replace the damaged bags and re-wrap it.

BUT, K+S has a whole ton of money, so it's all just change to them.

:D

EDIT: He should be up front about the condition of the product, though. Distressed product is not a new concept, but you can't advertise it as new if you sell it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  10. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

we went down and looked at it. it's water softener salt and bags are ripped.

11. Westhardt Corp.

Softener salt works OK...through a v-box.

:laughing: