1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skidloader Salters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shooterm, Aug 28, 2010.

1. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I'm interested into doing alittle cobbeling and figuring a good way to put a hitch mount spreader on the back of a skidloader. Has anyone took pictures of how it worked out and any experience to how it works. Using my home as "base" and shop lot as a salt resupply I could make a nice tight route, maybe have to prepostion a few salt bags. Thanks for any input!!!

2. leon

leon Senior Member

spreader etc.

You have not specified the size, whether its a low voltage electric spinner or hydraulic and the other issue is keeping track of the material in the hopper.

You would be money ahead to buy a Hardy quick attach salt and sand spreader that wil fit
    on your skid loader

1. spreads salt
    2. spreads sand
    3. hydraulic drive drop spreader with an agitator
    4. it has a spring retract tarp to keeep water out of the load at all times
    5. you do not have to lift bags of salt to fill it as it is resting on the ground and you could load it with sand and then remove the bucket and mount the spreader on the skid steer loader and have a clear field of view.

The biggest plus for this spreader is absolutely no waste as it is a drop spreader and the drop rate is manually adjusted with no waste within the width of the skid steer loader

no poiint in working harder than you have to in my opinion.:eek: