1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid wth 10 ft box.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by R.G.PEEL, Jan 5, 2011.

1. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

I went to site this morning to start my bobcat and make sure nobody had messed with it while it was parked. While there I snapped a pic on my phone. Low quality but here is the new 10 ft box on it.

bobcat and truck resized.jpg

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Looks good, I like that Superduty!!

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You are right, crappy pic but looks good

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You've got good taste.Thumbs Up

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Very nice, the more I see the bobcat pushers the more I want one but can a 185 handel a 10ft on more than a inch or 2??
    Robert

6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

looks familiar??? haha

btw, let's talk to the manager tomorrow and see if we can store indoors in the receiving. Will be alot safer.

7. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

how does a smaller skid like that handle a box that big??? just curious.

good looking setup you have!!! hope it works well!

8. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Sweet set-up. Any pictures of the truck?

Also curious to hear how the skid handles the larger pusher.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

With a set of dedicated snow tires & a good operator....a S185 can handle a 10ft Bobcat pusher. I personally have ran/own/owned these pieces, so has my dad, and 1 of my subs. Just have to take smaller bites in deep stuff. It is the upper limits of the machine.

Something tells me that 10fter is going on his 650?

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You have to re-arrange the letters in your avatar to read PIMP.

11. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

PPM, That'd be great if we can get that indoor. Otherwise nobody has messed with it since the first time when they opened the window and turned on the stereo.

Snowcrete is right when he says that the machine can handle it but it is at the upper limits. It is doing one of PPM's lots and we stay on top of it (if it ever snows) so that it really shouldn't be pushing very deep. It starts at 2 inches and keeps pushing til the storm is over. The times it has worked so far it has been able to fill the box and push it easily but there wasn't much deep snow in front. If there was, it would just be a matter of picking away at it in small bites.

I bought this for the 650 originally but it was backordered. I had a 8 ft demo on the 650 which is an hourly contracted machine. The customer is happy with the 8 ft and when PPM offered me the contract for the 185 it was a fixed price contract. It is in both my interest (money) and his interest (speed of service) to use the bigger box on this site so I bought the 8 ft as well, kept it on the 650 and that's the story. If it were ever too deep for the 185 to handle, I would send it's blower or some trucks to do it. So far so good.

12. Pristine PM ltd

The site it is on can be cut up into segments nicely, but I agree with Grant, you wouldn't want to do long pushes, you would cut it up even more.

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

If the job is set up that way for you as a sub, then snow tires would be a good investment for you. HUGE difference from standard lugs.

14. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

Yah, the gold rims keep me rollin dirty. It's been suggested on other forums that I have MR. T operate this one. How do you find the time to come on this site this season? I hear you guys are getting hammered up there, not bored like us below newmarket.

FORD PSD, I have other pics of this truck posted under the 'white ford' thread or there are more of them on my facebook page that are too big to load on here. just log onto facebook and search R.G. Peel Construction

15. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! Thumbs Up

Does the machine have offset rims to narrow the width?

16. Pristine PM ltd

I think John was referring to me, but it is only to try and hid the fact that he is the true PIMP of snow!

17. ColoradoProWash

ColoradoProWash Junior Member

Nice skid steer, truck and pusher!!

18. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

I thought it referred to the gold rims. With the new rig you're running though, perhaps you should have some gold rims. Or at least a feather in your cap. We'll figure something out. That way if property maintanence goes down the tubes you could keep the truck and logo just change it to pristine pimps n' management

19. Pristine PM ltd

haha, night bud, talk to you tomorrow. We do live near the kingston road corridor....

20. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks nice..hopefully you get some snow and we can see some action pictures soon.