1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid/Toolcat hydraulic rotary brooms

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by John_DeereGreen, Nov 13, 2015.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys...we've procrastinated long enough on getting one for our Toolcat and I don't know **** about them.

What should I be looking at/for? Brands to look closely at? 60-84 inch sidewalks. I'm thinking something in the 60-72 inch range. I'd like to make one pass down 60 inch walks fully angled and clear it.

Thanks!

2. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

66" Bobcat broom with hydraulic angle. It's what we have and works great!!!!!

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ive used many brands and the bobcat one is my favorite. I have 68inch brooms, a 84 inch and 2 48inch brooms that are bobcat brand. The 48s are absolute junk but the 68s and the 84 are nice. The other brands just bounce to much and end up tearing themselves apart over time. The 84 works on the toolcat very well but it is to heavy. I ran my 84 most of last year on my toolcat and it destroyed the front end. The only bad thing I can say about the bobcat brooms is that the control board is required with the 7 pin harness and it is not very reliable and very expensive. So we mainly use direct old school controls. The quick attach brand was the worst broom I have ever used. Lol.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Got a used 68 inch coming from Bobcat of Mankota, should be here next week.

On a side note, the Bobcat racket ******** of the 7 pin connector and having to buy a whole new harness or SkidSteerGenius converter box to run 14 pin attachments is pure crap...glad I discovered this BEFORE the new MetalPless showed up...