1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jay brown, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

here are some pics of the new tires i'm running on the SS...... have about 30 hours on them so far and they seem to hold up well so far......they are 16.5 x9 instead of the factory 12" wide.

100_0397.JPG

100_0398.JPG

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

What brand are they? How much $ each?

My brother would love a set of those for his derby cars!

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

could you share the specs of those. I am interested in a similar setup. Some have said ford rims, but I have measured a few and they wont fit my s300 bobcat.

4. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Please let us know specs. wanted to do something similar.

5. Doug Montanari

Doug Montanari Member

What rims did you use? And what type of tires did you use?

6. Jay brown

they are factory rims with a "Speciality Tires of America" 16.5x 9.5 bias ply tire. 8 ply $125 each.

7. Jay brown

sorry about the delay....been real busy...sent you a PM

8. Doug Montanari

Doug Montanari Member

Thank You im going to google search that tire company to see if I can get them around me.

9. Jay brown

let me know what price you can get them at. we do a lot of business with one tire company and alwasys wonder if were getting a good deal on our tires.

10. Doug Montanari

Doug Montanari Member

I sure will I just google searched the company and found out that they are only about 20 minutes from me. by the pictures on there web site it looks like you bought the STA Super Traction series. Do you recall if that is what it was?

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

12. Jay brown

just went out and looked and the say "Super Traction" on the tire.

13. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Do the tires seem to slide off rim when turning? Tires look a little balloned.

I will also look around and see how much they are let you know. Looks like these are the same tires snow wolf paws use.

Thanks Again

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  14. Jay brown

the tires "feel" pretty good plowing, but sometimes i'll run a snow bucket to move piles the day after an event and they feel a little squashy

15. Doug Montanari

Doug Montanari Member

Jay, got a price on the STA Super Traction Tires today for a local tire dealer they quoted me prices on 12 x 16.5 10 plys 128.95 each and 12 x 16.5 12 plys 137.64 each hope this helps.

16. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

they look identical to what we run on the duals on our cube van. seem to yeild pretty good traction