1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steers: ISO verse H pattern

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by magnum1, May 12, 2011.

1. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Which pattern do you like the best and why

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Ive run both for quite a few hours and It makes no difference to me.

3. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I prefer ISO I can drive with one hand and pick my nose with the other hand at the same time. multi tasking

4. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Sorry about that I could'nt resist. I would really like some opinions on preference's and why

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

ISO, stupid proof, easy, if you've ran a loader or something else, your already accustom to it and your left hand is point and shoot more less...

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i personally prefer H controls, i find i have better control and can move in tighter/more delicate areas with it easier, but that also may be because i grew up on older case skidsteers, I used a Gehl ISO control for a while, and it was nice to use, but i never felt as comfortable in tight areas

7. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

The Case controls or 'H' pattern, I have so much more control when I'm skidsteer drifting. Thumbs Up And the more serious response, because it's what I'm use to.

8. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I can run both but prefer the H style, I do agree if your working in tight areas I have found with the pilot control there are times that I cant make it go exactly where I want it to that could be operator error also. One other thing is if you need to throw any old cluck in a skidsteer at 3am to plow snow for whatever reason, most everyone from a farm or construction beginnings can run the H pattern and at that time of night I have no patience to teach someone. All of my skids are H pattern.

9. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Got Photo's of drifting ?????????????????::laughing:

10. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

H pattern - 3, ISO pattern - 2, Either or - 1

11. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

I prefer the ISO on the joysticks. I like the Case controls just can't get used to them on the joysticks in the Deere 332 we have at work

12. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Case has the ISO option on their machines I have a Case 440 Series 3 with ISO controls
    I have PD and find the ISO controls much easier to operate then the H pattern

13. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

I guess I should clarify, I like the original CASE controls that are all mechanical, the ones before joysticks.

14. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I also have an older bobcat ( 1993 543 ) I use around the place to cleanout corrals and pens.It has the old style type steering and foot pedals. That style works well for me also.
    That was back when bobcat was an all welded chassie not bolted together like the new
    machines they produce today

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  15. SDeVoe

SDeVoe Junior Member

I definitely prefer ISO, but I am still a foot pedal fan. I currently run a CAT 246, but until this machine, I preferred New Hollands. I never could grade anything with a Case.

16. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

After learning how to run a skid on a case 1845 I thought H pattern was the way to go hands down, until I ran a Cat...
    If I had to choose between either idk if I could but please don't stick me in a hand/foot machine! lol