1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 90plow, May 16, 2002.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I'm looking for a Grappler for the front of a skidsteer. It is an attachment with like 5-8 tongs or forks on the bottom with a clamp action peice on top. Its for a 973 Bobcat skidsteer. It looks kind of like this one http://www.gregorygrappler.com/grappleropen.htm I llive in Northern New Jersey and was wondering if anybody had any info on a used or cheap one in the area. Tell me if you have one by e-mail or reply
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just out of curiousity, what to you intend to do with it?

3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

sorry I meant to put that in my first thread I need it for brush stumps and logs I need more tongs than on the one in the picture and I was looking for a used one to cut down the cost. we demoed a bobcat brand one but it was expensive and had solid steel tongs that were about an 1-1/2 in diameter. when we would hit a rock or anything hard in the ground when we were scraping the tongs would bend, by the end of the day after about 7-8 hours the thing was bent to hell. We returned it and they fixed it. The setup from bobcat is expensive around 2500.
    any help is appretiated.
    Thanks in advance