1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer VS Truck V-plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by UglyTruck, Feb 26, 2007.

1. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

This question is for Toby, Rick, or any of the dealers that may be lurking....

I was just on the Sno-Way website and lookin thru stuff....the skidsteer V is avalible with the wireless control but the truck plow is not.... what is the diff (other than how they mount)

I have never actually seen a manufacturer version of a skidsteer plow...

I have welded and replumbed old plows for use with skid steers but never a V-plow

again, not trying to beat the dead horse (too badly) just curious
  2. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

the skid steers wirless remote looks as if it would be slower. with my wired v remote i can push two left buttons at once to make it go left the same and two right buttons to go right. push the two front buttons to make a forward v and the two buttons to make a backwards v. then the on button that goes up and down. that one looks like its one side at a time unless you use two fingers. skids are slower so it would work. but trucks need speed.
    heres mine
  3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The reason that we can use the wireless control with the v-plow on the skid steer loader application is that we are only controlling two functions (left wing and right wing), therefore, we are able to use our standard "straight plow" wireless control. To raise the plow up or lower it down is done using the loader controls. (example: to move the left wing into the scoop position you activate the auxiliary hydraulic control using the skid steer loader controls then push the left button on the Sno-Way Wireless Control. To move the left wing back to the vee position, you reverse the auxiliary hydraulic control using the skid steer loader controls and then push the left button on the Sno-Way Wireless Control).

Many people say that they are much more productive with skid steer loader plows than they are with truck plows. Most skid steer loaders have a top travel speed in the 12-14 mph range now. More and more people are using skid steer loader plows for commercial jobs. The maneuverability and the stacking heights are two of the biggest reasons. I've had contractors tell me they can do a jobs quicker with their skid steer loader plow that with a pickup mounted plow. I know of two contractors in my area who use skid steer loader plows exclusively for Wal-Mart lots. I sold skid steer loader attachments for over 20 years and sold around 300 skid steer mounted snow plows per year in IN, MI, OH, IL. I have been out of that industry for 4 years now but I see more and more units plowing snow every year.
  4. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

doh. i should have figured that out. the up and down button is for the wings....nice
  5. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

will they attach to telescoping fork lift such as the LULL? you could push snow past where you can drive....like 30 feet past.