1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by CAT420, Oct 21, 2008.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

The companies bobcat 773 is once again on its last life of tires. I need some input on the best tire for the price mostly on tread wear. Not looking for turf tires.. Cant spend no more than about $200 a tire. Thanks hope you guys can help

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

you looking for snow tires? check out our tires on my profile...they are pickup tires, i put about 100 hours on them last season and probably burned about 1/3 the tread down...if you like em, PM me and i'll get you the brand..

3. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

no we dont need snow tires for it just need tires for all around use thanks though

4. Bob Henry

Bob Henry Junior Member

I was told that Bandag retreads last about twice as long,up to 2.5 times as long, as virgin tires on a skid steer. I am going to try a set and am sure they will be great. We run Bandags on our garbage trucks and they wear like iron! They use very hard rubber. We buy a lot of tires from Bandag and I don't think they would lie to us. The treads I know of for skid steers are , waste hauler lug, lug trac, and BDC Skid Steer. If you are on asphalt the waste hauler lug would probably wear best, and the Lug trac next. The Lug trac would probably have a little better traction in snow because of a more open tread.

5. lunatic81

lunatic81 Junior Member

I only go with the severe duty. 10 ply and good tread wear for concrete/asphalt. Lots of tread on these babies. Last set I got 1000 hours out of. They say you don't have to foam fill them, but being in the concrete business we do anyway. I pay extra for the tire because of the good tread wear we get out of them.

6. TBarOMT

TBarOMT Junior Member
    from Montana

I was told that Bandag retreads last about twice as long,up to 2.5 times as long, as virgin tires on a skid steer. I am going to try a set and am sure they will be great. We run Bandags on our garbage trucks and they wear like iron! They use very hard rubber. We buy a lot of tires from Bandag and I don't think they would lie to us. The treads I know of for skid steers are , waste hauler lug, lug trac, and BDC Skid Steer. If you are on asphalt the waste hauler lug would probably wear best, and the Lug trac next. The Lug trac would probably have a little better traction in snow because of a more open tread.

Any Idea of the price range for these tires?? How do they compair to 10 and 12 ply new skiddy tires?

7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

ive got the Michelen radial's (xd.....i think) on the 246c
    although the machine don't hve many hour's the tires still look like brand new, and it run's alot of asphalt.

but i'll never buy a regular lug tire again.

i don't know what they cost though?

pj

8. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I've run some retreads, and they did last about twice as long. (Not sure if they were Bandags or not.) They were non-directional tread, which I think helps the wear-life as well as the hardness. They cost about the same as a new lug tire. I wouldn't be scared to get them again.

9. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member