1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys. I'm wondering what type of tires you guys use on your skid steers? I've heard some guys say they use truck tires? If so, how do they work? I heard one guy say they push really good and don't slip. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brant

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

We talking pick up tires, or semi tires? Tires made for a skid and snow seem to work the best in my opinion.

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to do this I have tires but don't want to spend a lot of cash I have s 751 bobcat what truck rims fit this machine I have a lot of resources and can get rims cheap

4. Brant'sLawnCare

What kind of tires are u running?

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I prefer tires like this...

snowtires1.jpg

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Where do you get those?

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

At the tire store:waving:

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Interesting. I'll have to check it out

9. rjigto4oje

Scott u save or Chicago tire??????

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Why don't you call them and get quotes...

11. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Brant, the tires Snocrete showed are "Snowolf Wolf Paws" and can be found at a few dealers like Kelbe, and maybe even St Lawrence, for about $1600+ with the wheels.

If you have the time to seek out other options, I'd highly recommend you give a call to Pat's Tire in Chilton to discuss your needs. I'm willing to bet they can give you a comparative rim/tire package for far less money. It's a little ride for you, but it's a nice, easy one........Thumbs Up

12. rjigto4oje

Thanks well do I've never bought just wanted to know

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Actually they are not...The tires shown are Sampson tires. A heavier duty version of the tires Snowwolf uses on the Wolf Paws.

Your pricing is close though. I got a quote for a pair of wolf paws a couple weeks ago and it came in at around $1500 to my door step. The larger wolf paws (for your S250) would be more yet...probably around the $2000 mark from what I've heard. Either way this is not the route I went this time.

14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

For what its worth, I used the standard tires that came with the machines and never had traction problems. Even with long pushes. I was using Arctic pushers on the front of them. They don't leave anything to slip on......:nod:wesport

15. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

Has anyone use a solid skid steer tire to push snow?

16. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

a machine we rented one year came with them and we used it in a pallet factory yard. Was great because of nails ect we had picked up before. Fine on the gravel and some paved areas but a real rough ride. The rubber gets so cold and hard there really isn't much cushion. brutal if you have to push up a curb and back down. If you need a solution because of flats. Consider foam filling ?

17. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

I still use the initial manufacturer's tires and they won't pretty good except in real icy conditions but that is standard.

18. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I m going run the factory set with Ice cleats on my New Skid Steer on my old one I always ran the factory tires never much problems I always let air out about half the air pressure
    Seems to work for it was a small skid I cleaned walks with

19. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

20. rjigto4oje