1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer time savings: 9' snow bucket vs HLA Snow Wing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawntec, Oct 10, 2016.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I know this may sound like a no brainer question. But since everyone around my neck of the woods runs nothing but a 9' snow bucket on their skidsteers, I have very little proof of concept that installing an HLA Snow wing (9/14) would be significantly better than said bucket.

Anyone with real world advice?

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

An actual bucket or a pusher box?

I'd rather lobotomize myself than "plow" with a bucket, chasing trails all day long.

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

At the very least it would be equal to or better if the hla had the floating side wings it would give you better scrape. From there it would only get better and that all depends on your plowing style, what you are plowing, if you are doing any backdraging. Just being able to angle in the box position is a big plus moving the tail to one side and not running off both sides.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

A 9 foot bucket to a SnoWing? Easily double your production in just about any case.

Our SnoWing/MetalPless blades are 25-40% faster than our Kage plow and Arctic Sectional. I can't imagine comparing it to a snow bucket.

5. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

It's the same out here. Everyone runs snow buckets on the skid steers. It's a deeper bucket, not a pusher box. It makes no sense to me. As far as I know there is only one guy running a pusher box in my town and it's on a wheel loader. That's literally the only one I've seen. Like I said it makes no sense.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Double at minimum but I'm guessing closer to 3 times. You can run faster all the time without fear of bucket catching. To be honest I can't believe people actually still plow with buckets on a commercial scale.

ktfbgb likes this.
  7. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Was just at my local plow shop today and they actually have 5 new pusher boxes on the lot. So, hopefully we will start seeing them used more around here.