1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer snowblower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RIVERVIEW7, Oct 20, 2011.

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I was looking at getting a snowblower for the front of my toolcat. I was wondering if anybody use than and how do they work for a large lot. Thanks for all help
  2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

They are not going to work very good on a large lot!
    Sidewalks and you'll be ok.
    Why not just put a 8' plow on the tool cat?
  3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We use a 10' straight plow on our toolcat. Works well.

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I have a 8 foot blade for the machine it works great. The account wants the snow put onto his grass field in the back of the lot but he does not want to drive a truck onto the grass that my problem.
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a nice Blower for sale if your machine is high flow and your feel like taking a drive...

RIVERVIEW7 Member

The machine is a standard flow i am not sure if that would work. I would not mind takeing a drive.
  7. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We have a standard flow blower for a Bobcat. Given our experience with a standard flow blower on a Bobcat I believe you will be most disappointed in attempting to accomplish what you intend to do with a standard flow blower. If you asked for a recommendation to do so, I would not give it. Find another way or a bigger blower to move that snow into the field. Virgin snow blows great. Piled snow - fresh or left in a pile for a while is a different story.

RIVERVIEW7 Member

Thanks for all the help the bobcat salesman called me and told me they are all sold out of bobcat blowers and all they have in stock is a protech snowblower that they will drop the price on if i want it. it is 72 inches tall and they said its better than the bobcat one.
  9. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I may be wrong but I thought that I had heard that Erskine was making the Pro-Tech snow blower. I used to sell the Erskine Snow Blowers and in my opinion, they are the best.