1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer snow tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doug8949, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

Looking at skid steer snow tires is it better to go with
    snow paws
    or 19.5
    or 22.5
    I think the 19.5 and 22.5 is kind of a new thing but all the 19.5 and 22.5 treads look the same.

2. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I just put a set of 7.50x16 deep lug mud/snow on my s250 2 speed. They are the same overall diameter as the 12.z16.5 tires. I'm glad I keep that size cause the runs are long, and the larger tire maybof changed the torque/pushing power of the machine at the end of the run. Larger heavier snows have blog and the machine down cause the tires don't spin. Snow tires on skid
    steers are game changers. The machine has a 10' arctic on front. Btw. The snow paws were about 800.00 more than a tire company getting everything and coming out and zipping them on. Just a FYI

3. brasski

brasski Member

Call Westside tire and get a setup from them and you will love your skid for snow

4. bigmackmiller

bigmackmiller Member

Did they source wheels for you?

5. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Definitely agree. I put some 22.5's on my S250 and won't go back. This size of machine has lots of power for the 22.5's, I noticed a change of about 2 mph on the top end, so about 15%. Not enough to bog it down. The extra speed is a big bonus for us.

I believe they will do 19.5's as well if you are concerned about pushing power.

6. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

Yes, Cassidy tire got everything

7. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I have a video of the machine pushing with these tire but I have no idea how to post it

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a you tube account if so post it to there then share the link

9. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

10. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

It worked looks good

11. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

12. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Westside Tire 22.5 on A300. Awesome.

2014-12-08 16.11.12 (640x360).jpg

13. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Fancy Orange Bobcat paint. :cool:

Looks like you have them flipped to the widest stance, did you need to do that for clearance with the A300? Or just for stability?

I had to flip my rims opposite from that so as to keep within the blower width (same overall width as the stock tires). Setting them like yours would have had them out another 2-3 inches each side.

14. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Yeah the paint matches perfectly, I told them the tires were for a Bobcat and they came in that color.

I just installed them with the valve stems facing out. On full turn the tires just clear from rubbing the machine. It seemed like the wheels were pretty much centered, so it wouldn't make a difference if I flipped them. The 8' plow at full angle still sticks out way past the tires.

15. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I was just going to ask what type of paint you used.

Are they offering color matching now?!? When I ordered mine last fall and asked about color, they said it would be a creamy white. Not a huge deal as I intend to paint them this summer. But would have been nice if they came properly painted in the first place. I can't stand the off white color, would prefer black over that. Happy with the performance though.

16. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

Do any of you use a skid steer with tracks ?

I was thinking about getting a skit steer next year for excavation use.
    But I want one with tracks. I'd like to push snow but wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not.
    I imagine the trucks would spin pretty easy.

yes ? no ? advice ?

17. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Anyone run 22.5s or 19.5s on a Cat 262c? Looks like the 22.5s might be a tight fit.

18. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

The paint was a surprise to me, I didn't know what to expect. I just told them I had a Bobcat A300 and that's what I got. Maybe because the A300 has a larger hub and needs it's own size wheel that doesn't fit any other machine, they paint it to match.

19. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

With factory tracks they suck, especially on ice or hard pack. I'm told there are aftermarket tracks that make it much better though.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

FWIW, when we ran a 36.5in tire (overall diameter) on a 246c, it was a VERY tight fit in the front for clearance....but worked fine.