1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Snow Tire

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f150skidoo, Sep 24, 2015.

1. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

So i know this topic has been beat to death, But when i search the topic there's still question left unanswered for me. I like the idea of running 19.5 or 22.5 tires which are a couple inches taller then the stock 12x16.5 for extra speed. I see a lot of guys are getting there tires from Westside Tire but with the crappy Canadian dollar it will make ordering a setup from the states very expensive. Does anyone know anywhere in Canada to order a tire/rim setup like Westside sells. Or what rims I need to get and what size tires to get to make my own set.

Thanks Mike

2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Kage sells tires from their dealer in Toronto, we are going to give them a try this year on our NH and bobcat, they run about 2500 a set

3. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

Where is the Kage dealer located? It there using 255/70/22.5 tires, I wondering what there using for the re caps.

4. G.Landscape

from Ontario

We have been dealing with Rob at York Region equipment.

5. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

It dawned on me that I can't run the taller then stock tire, because i have a snow wing.

6. G.Landscape

from Ontario

I am curious why this means you can't run taller tires?

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I just got a set from my Deere dealer, $900 for the set.

They are 16.5's, which I don't mind.

8. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

You can rotate the wings 180 degrees to make a back drag box. If i have tires that are several inches taller then stock the wings wont touch the ground.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

:eek:

I highly doubt a 2in taller tire is going to be a problem...its only gonna raise the machine 1in

10. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Tires and Rims?

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes.........

12. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

I ended up picking up a set of Solideal LifeMasters today.

13. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn Member

If y'all need a QUALITY cab enclosure kit for your Bobcat loaders, check these out... ;)

[​IMG]