1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Snow push box question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by silvetouch, Dec 2, 2009.

1. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

Will is the biggest snow pusher that a New Holland Ls180 2speed will push?
    I had a guy tell me that he had a 12' on it.
    I was thinking a 10 would be the biggest? I don't know though.

If it won't do a 12'; does anyone know what size skid steer will push a 12'.
    i know a backhoe or loader would be ideal, but i don't have access to one.
    let me know.

Thanks

2. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

is there a specific reason that you need a 12? how long is your push going to be? the longer the push=smaller box

3. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

I have a LS180 and we run a 10ft on it. If its heavy wet snow, the skid steer will not push it. The box has to be under half full in order to move it over 200ft. I would go with the 8ft, that way you can use it no matter the snow type. I would put a Blizzard 8611 on it if I was you. Then you have the a bigger blade and you can make it smaller if you need too.

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

We have a LS180 as well and run a 10 footer. It does good, but i wouldnt want any larger. If you have a long way to move it, you will loose traction. I would say 8 or 10 max.

[​IMG]