1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer snow blowers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Grassman09, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Can you run a Blower that is equipment to run on Hi flow Hydro on a Low flow machine?

I'm looking at a used FFC 84" blower and apparently it will run on 22 to 37 GPM systems.
    I run a Cat 246B with regular flow Hydro. the model is a FFC 6785D.

I'm not looking to load trucks or blow snow 100' up into the air or anything.

Dave.

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

No, they don't work real good unless you are running hi-flow.
    Find a blower that is sized to the machine you will be using.
    It's not the 100 ft. distance that's the problem. You just won't be running a decent GPM to the blower pumps.
    Keep looking

3. Grassman09

Yeah I've heard that before and wasn't sure. So by not running enough flow to the blower what happens? I was going to test it out on a low flow machine. Would changing the pump be an option?

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

theoretically, you should be able to change the hydraulic motor on the snowblower to something that requires a little less volumn

5. Kenkreger

Kenkreger Member

The hydraulic motor volume must be closely matched to the pump running it.
    Not just a matter of hi flow or standard flow. Erskine uses 5 different fan motor volumes on their std flow es2000 series alone. Also the auger motors have a couple different volumes.
    If the pump is tosmallthe fanrpm is reduced andthrowing distance suffers. If the pump is to large you can wipe out the motor and your skidsteer because your over speeding it
    Ken

6. Grassman09

Ok thanks Ken. I guess I'll pass on the blower.

7. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Why dave was it more than 10 bucks

8. Grassman09

It was on a high flow Bobcat Mark. My Cat is not High flow. The price is great.
    Do I sense a slight hint or resentment?

Besides your truck is a 6 speed my left leg would be killing me at the end of the night. You need it anyhow so no point selling it.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a specific job for a blower, if not don't bother getting one. I also agree the high flow won't work.

10. Grassman09

I was looking to use it for doing my driveways as apposed to a truck and plow Dave. Possibly for relocation work as well. Might just be faster with the 9' bucket thou.

11. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

My case has high flow. I will give you 500 for your cat twords my case and your in business

12. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

And another 10 grand