1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by badranman, Sep 28, 2005.

1. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Hey guys, I've done a search but couldn't find much of anything. I know I've seen pics on here of salters on the back of skid steers. Not the tow behind models but the bolt on ones which look like tailgate spreaders. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? Thanks.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

bobcat makes one that goes on the front like a bucket.

3. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Thanks, but I have to have the ability to spread salt at the same time so it has to be rear mounted. I was at my Bobcat dealer yesterday and what they carry is a spreader made by Bauman. It's hydraulic driven and can carry about 6 cubic feet. Only one I found so far.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen the SnowEx (I think) that goes in a receiver tube on the Posi-Tracks. Is that what you were thinking of? Could weld a receiver on the frame, mount it and either get a hydraulic or electric. Problem on a Bobcat is you would have to remove to get at the engine compartment and fueling.

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Never though of that. But thats one more reason why I want a RC-60 posi-track. :drinkup:

6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

wouldn't they be to slow to spread?

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Not if you are plowing\sweeping\blowing and then spreading. You would be cutting your labor just about in half. I love to reduce my labor costs.

8. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I suppose I should have been clearer. The tenders are for the city sidewalks so we're only spreading salt/sand on the sidewalk not a parking lot etc.