1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Church Guy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Church Guy

Church Guy Junior Member

Looking for anyone who has had experiences... good/bad - with skid steer mounted salt spreaders...

did several searches on the site and didn't come up with any previous threads - if i missed please re-direct me.

thanks much

Paul

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I can't remember the name of the place that makes them, but I've seen hydro powered units that replace the bucket on a skid steer, they are "self loading" by scooping their own salt, think the one I saw had like a 1-1.5 yard capacity, and worked pretty well, the only issue was controlling the spread pattern and the machine it was on was AUX on or off, had no valving to adjust speed, I think they added a limiter of some kind to the spreader itself. Also if memory serves(and it might not) visibility was an issue when the spreader was attached.

3. Snowbeast

Snowbeast Junior Member

Skid Steer Spreader

Try www.skidsteersolutions.com - sounds like the unit. We modified a SnowEx 1575 for our S70 for walks it took a little work but the effort was worth it.

4. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Like this.

We have used it and love it. We have bulk on hand at the job site....... scoop and spread.

lll 010.jpg

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like what I was talking about except the one I was referig to had a much larger hopper. You can see why I'd mention difficulty in seeing where you're goign.

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

much more efficient that salting sidewalks by hand

8. redman6565

is there an attachment for the back plate of a skidsteer? I'd like have that set up where you wouldn't have to disconnect the plow on the front of the machine, you'd be able to plow and salt at the same time

9. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

I've seen the setup you're envisioning a few times, and every one of them has been a custom attachment. Never seen a "pre made" attachment for the rear of skid steers, as they are generally very different brand to brand.

Good luck!

10. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

the link above has one for the rear.

11. redman6565

good catch. for some reason i studied that site for a half hour and did not notice the tow dolly set up lol

12. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Not crazy about a tow dolly set up but its available. I'd prefer mounted.