1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer rentals ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by blk90s13, Jan 10, 2008.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I am trying to do some backyard grading dirt to move around clean up etc and instead of breaking my back I wanna get a skid steer for a day at the most

any where in NJ to rent them ? anyone here wanna help out and make some money renting me a skid steer ?

howell nj
  2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

here in pa at sunbelt they wanted 445 a day, a frined of mine went in to see and they also said they wil not rent it to him with out seeing his trailer, so he said he didnt have a heavy enough trailer they said u need to rent a trailer for liek 150 somthign. so thats 600 dollers for an 8 hour day... kinda steep. but good luck
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know what your experiance is with skid loaders, but if you only have one day or less of work. Maybe just hire someone to do it for you. I know I do alot of jobs for people that rent and spend more time/money than just calling me in the first place.( I get them the second time around) Again I am NOT at all trying to talk you out of playing in the dirt, but if you get an experianced operator they can get your job done in a fraction of the time it might take you. If you can save some cash too it's a win win !!! Good luck !!!
  4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

sunbelt, rsc, united, hertz, are larger nationwide rentals also check your yellowpages for a local cat, bobcat, john deere dealer.

sunbelt, united and hertz would also have trailers, or any store would deliver for 50-150 roundtrip.

It may be worth getting a quote for the grading from a landscape/excavation company.
  5. blk90s13

haha yep i do wanna play in the dirt :D but yea its ideas i am still toasing around i will prolly get a quote from an operator first i know he will do the job in 1/4 of the time i would for sure

i called a local bobcat dealer they want $280 a day 24hr if i pick up and $430 if they drop off and pick up which aint all that bad

now i need to find how much an operator would charge me to do the job

thanks all for your input
  6. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Pricing by me (Long Island) is around $250 for a 24 hour period but only 8 hours of use. They have hour meters on them. Plus fuel...
  7. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Pricing by me (Long Island) is around $250 for a 24 hour period but only 8 hours of use. They have hour meters on them. Plus fuel... They are a lifesaver
  8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

wow you guys pay out the a** for that. i have two places within 15 minutes of my house that i can rent either cat, or bobcat skid steers or track loaders for $175/day Delivered to you. only cost you have on top of 175 is fuel, you can also get it for $525 for 5 days . xysport
  9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

$175 sure is cheap thats for sure. normally i see $280 around here including the trailer for 24 hours. I tend to go to the new holland dealer here by me but they are $300 without a trailer and they do not rent those but the nice thing is they are fully loaded enclosed cabs 2 speed new hollands, tracks or tires. they are soooooo nice.

to the OP, just rent one, its fun to play in the dirt. also not sure about where you are but here, you have to call the utility companies first before you dig. if you hit something without calling you get in BIG trouble. have fun, SS are very addicting!
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

$125 for a day here in cleveland. that is pretty good.....
  11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I know how you feel I love playing in the dirt!!! Hey there is only one way to learn. If the cash/time isn't a problem, I have some fun. I got good in a loader by renting. My brother and I used to rent them to work on our dirt bike tracks. I couldn't hire someone to that if I wanted to do. Now it's part of my buisness!!! Anyways I wasn't trying to talk you out of doing it yourself, but if it isn't a full day you might be able to save some cash$$$ If you do it ,have fun!!!! Good Luck!!!
  12. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

check with home depot in my area i can get it for about 200 a day with their trailer
  13. MnM

MnM Senior Member

i did see you called me about the cat and Im sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. We charde 200 for the day plus diesel plus deleivery. If you want to pick it up Im sure he will rent you a trailer for like $50. So figure $300 all together machine, diesel, & trailer
  14. blk90s13

sounds like a deal matt i will be calling you to set it up once i am ready to start my project