1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer rental season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rfed32, Sep 18, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

any of you guys rent skidsteers for the winter...i have no use for one really over the summer but i am bidding a decent size lot, and if i get a smaller bobcat i will be able to use it on all the sidewalks the back and then run my truck...and if i have to the ranger im thinking about putting together...i have people to run trucks and ill run the skidsteer...but i was just wondering if any of you have rented them for the season...im calling tomorrow to get some prices

2. Hardware 2

Hardware 2 Junior Member

Any luck on pricing?

3. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

My dealer does a 5 month winter rent out type deal. Costs approx $800 a month and you have to rent it out over the 5 month winter period.

4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Who is your go to guy ?
    I got quotes for 1400 ( a month, 3 month min. ) for a new S250 2 speed High flow. I dont need new but I think I would rather run an S300 size Machine.
    I have not looked at New Holland yet, or Gehl. There on the to do list.

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

never got to call yet hopefully today....i want to go with cat b.c that what i grew up with but they dont make a small enough skid for what i need...i could prob get away with the 226 but i dunno yet...im going to call cat and bob cat today and compair...

6. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Not sure how you're making out, but here's a little info...

Please measure the walks you are going to do first... walks around here are about 48". If possible, don't get a skid with a bucket much larger than the walk. A guy around here does about 2000 ft of walk with a new holland that has a 60" bucket. Becuase its not always frozen, the bucket chews into the ground beside it and its a mess in the spring.

For walks, the bobcat 463 is perfect.