1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by BowTieDmax, Aug 17, 2009.

1. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Well guys Im in the market for a SS to purchase but Im not sure about a few things. So Im hoping for some help. Ive been renting a cat 262 wheeled SS for the last 2 yrs and this year I would like to purchase one instead of giving up $7,500.00 again just for rent. Anyhow I really would like to buy a mult-track because of the off winter work I will get out of it. And I am pretty darn sure it will push alot more snow. I watched a 297MTL with a danails plow last year stacking snow and I was just amazed. It was just what I was looking for. Any how, due to budget restants I have to be selective. There a tons of used cat b-series units but I was told that they never offered a two speed MTL. And the B series tracks are more prone to freezing up because of the enclosed bogie wheels. So Im quessing I need to focus on a C-series. Even the guy I watched said that with the new c-series he hasnt had any issues with frozen tracks because all the wheels are in the open. What has been your guys experiance? as you all know frozen tracks at 1:00am isnt gonna work. I really liked his daniel plow (I think 9' with 2' fold out wings) but at 12,000.00 i cant see how its better than a 8611SS for half the cost.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We've used an 8 ft Avalanche on a 257B without any frozen track issues for the last 4 or 5 years.
  3. cornerstone

cornerstone Member

An ASV RC 100 is a 2 speed machine. 100hp and 12mph.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I have a Cat 287 B with a Blizzard 86-11. " unstopable" Problem 1 single speed. we only plow blacktop and have never had any problems with tracks freezing, I also have a 2 speed Newholland SS top speed 13mph with a 8-10ss plow. will out plow every thing I have as long as you can find traction under the snow. and you dont have to climb any piles of snow..
  5. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Does any know for sure if there was ever a 2 speed B series tracked SS? Does any one have one?